Friday 2 December 2016

NeoSD, What a Lode of...

With the release of the NeoSD flash cart I've decided to try and finish off Lode Runner; at least it's possible that a few people might now be not only interested, but actually able to, try it out on real hardware.

It's been a long time, and I'm a little surprised to find that it's not quite as finished as I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, it's 100% playable, but a few bells and whistles are either missing, or not working properly - for example, the circular wipe and the high score entry.

Anyway, just coming up to speed with it again and making sure I can still build it. It'll take me a session or two to fill my brain with where I was up to when I left off, which was testing it on my NGCD. Aside from the aforementioned, I do know that the guard AI is a little off, albeit very close. Likely just a bug in a line or two of C code.

If that's a success I might return to Donkey Kong whilst I await the AES version of the NeoSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment