Saturday 30 April 2016

Your bullets cannot harm me...

... my wings are like a shield of steel! (Plus I haven't implemented the player blowing up!)

The invaders are firing back now - not fair!

Fixed the scoring and added the two object handlers for the two invader shots/bombs.

As-is, the invaders aren't shooting from the correct columns, and they're only shooting one type of bomb or the other at any one time, but it's close and gives an idea of how the game will play - which is, of course, very much like the arcade original! :)

There can't be too much code left to port - neither of the two new object handlers required any new subroutines to be coded! Most of what's left involves the player blowing up and the saucer.

I would probably have been more productive tonight, but I'm working on my laptop, perched on the breakfast bench whilst my wife makes a "camel" cake for my daughter's 4th birthday party tomorrow. We have absolutely no idea why she asked for a camel cake, but a camel cake it is. If you haven't guessed, she's not a fairy princess type of girl, which is pretty cool if you ask me!

3 comments: