Wednesday 11 November 2015

All play and no work...

Fast approaching the end of the work trip and I've only just managed to find the time and muster the inclination to work on the ZX Spectrum port tonight. Between jet lag, dinners out, Skyping the family, watching Alaska-based reality TV on Discovery Channel and other distractions, I haven't quite achieved as much as I'd forecast on the project.

That said, the C implementation is shaping up nicely. Tonight involved importing data, and defining & initialising the object-related data structures that are used in the main rendering logic. Rewriting it in C definitely assists in understanding the relationships between the various data structures.

As I've mentioned previously, the output of this process should be a fully-rendered screen and a significant portion of the core game engine (reverse-engineering) complete. Another hint: there were a couple of games that followed this one, both updating the engine in the process. I would imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to port these to the Coco3 once I've finished this one.

I've just discovered that Retro Gamer magazine did a feature on this game some time back. Just downloading a digital edition now so I can have a read before I fall asleep tonight.

Only 2 more nights here, and at least one of those is ear-marked for dinner, so I probably won't get a lot more done before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment