Wednesday 14 May 2014

Diggin' it!

Some more good progress today!

When you collect all the gold, the end-of-screen ladder appears and climbing to the top awards the end-of-level bonus (1,500 pts), taking you to the next level. To this end I have included the three demo levels to complement the 1st in-game level.

I've also implemented digging (to the left); you can dig the hole but it will never fill in. The (same) digging routine is actually re-entered each iteration of the in-game loop to sequence through the digging animation. There are still some issues with it, but it's looking good... I'll do a video once digging is complete!

Whilst the porting continues, I'm also chipping away at the reverse-engineering as I work. The in-game loop is starting to take shape and I can see where the holes are filled in, and the enemies are re-spawned once they die - although I'm yet to comment these in any detail.

Once I've completed the digging routines, I'll do the fill-in and then I'll investigate what is required to implement the demo. I should then be able to round out the outer loop with title screen, attract-mode demo, and high score table.

A very quick scroll through the listing suggests that I have commented a good portion of the code thus far. Once I've done the above-mentioned, it really just comes down to the enemy rendering and AI. The remainder of the code must then be the level editor. Still a lot of work to do, but I am just beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment